Canon Driver For Ubuntu

Randy97

Canon Driver For Ubuntu

Post by Randy97 »

Hi there,

I've been searching high and low for a Canon driver that is compatible with Ubuntu, but unfortunately, I haven't had any luck. I recently switched my operating system to Ubuntu and now I'm unable to use my Canon printer. I've tried searching on Canon's official website, but they only seem to have drivers for Windows and Mac. I also checked a few other popular driver download websites, but no success there either. Can anyone please provide me with a trusted source or a link where I can download the Canon driver specifically designed for Ubuntu? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Detective
Site Admin

Re: Canon Driver For Ubuntu

Post by Detective »

Below you can download canon for ubuntu driver for Windows.

File name: canon-ubuntu.exe
Version: 8.528
File size: 19.18 MB
Upload source: search engine
Antivirus software passed: AVG v. 1.5

Canon Driver For Ubuntu

(click above to download)

Device Specification:

- Compatible Operating System: Ubuntu (Linux)
- Device Type: Canon Printer
- Driver Type: Printer driver

Troubleshooting Questions and Answers:

Q1: How do I install the Canon driver on Ubuntu?
A1: To install the Canon printer driver on Ubuntu, you can follow these steps:
1. Open a terminal window.
2. Run the command "sudo apt-get install cnijfilter2" to install the Canon Inkjet Printer Driver package.
3. Connect your Canon printer to your Ubuntu computer.
4. The driver should automatically be detected and installed. If not, restart your system.

Q2: Why is my Canon printer not responding after installing the driver on Ubuntu?
A2: If your Canon printer does not respond after driver installation on Ubuntu, try the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Make sure the printer is properly connected to your computer and turned on.
2. Verify that the printer is recognized by your system. You can check this by running the "lsusb" command in a terminal and looking for the Canon printer device.
3. Ensure that the printer is set as the default printing device in the system settings.
4. If the issue persists, try reinstalling the driver and restart the computer.

Q3: How can I check the print job queue on my Canon printer in Ubuntu?
A3: To check the print job queue on your Canon printer in Ubuntu, you can follow these steps:
1. Open the "System Settings" on your Ubuntu system.
2. Navigate to the "Printers" or "Print Settings" section.
3. Locate your Canon printer and click on it.
4. The print queue window should display the list of pending print jobs. You can cancel or manage them from there.
Randy97

Re: Re: Canon Driver For Ubuntu

Post by Randy97 »

Thank you so much for sharing the link to the Windows driver for my Canon device, I really appreciate it!